By Matthew C. Keegan
I used to manage a web forum for corporate flight attendants where members were constantly posting ways to make traveling easier. When your job takes you away from home base for several weeks at a time, you have think creatively!
The following tips are for business as well as leisure travelers, including people who work on cruise ships:
1. Ring Around the Collar — Those nasty looking rings of dirt found on shirt or blouse collars can be removed by putting shampoo on them. Rub the shampoo in as if you were washing your hair. Shampoo is specifically made to remove body oils which is the “ingredient” of neck rings.
2. Removing Gum — You can pick up just about anything on the soles of your shoes including gum. Removing gum can seem like one of the most difficult things to do, but there is an easy solution to the problem. Simply rub ice on the gum to harden it and then use a dull knife to remove it. The gum will come right off without damaging your soles.
3. Killing Flies — Are there flying insects in your hotel room? Hair spray will kill flies and most other insects in a jiffy.
4. Drying Out Wet Magazines or Books — Place paper towels on both sides of a wet page to absorb the moisture and prevent wrinkling.
5. Lingering Onion or Fish Smells on Hands — Canâ€™t get rid of lingering onion or fish odors on your hands? Wet them, sprinkle them generously with salt, and then rinse them off. The odor will be gone instantly!
It has been said that necessity is the mother of invention — I bet you can think of five more tips to use when you’re on your next trip!